According to very first records, the history of Minoga Palace Complex dates back to 13th century. It is when Minoga village was founded. The first written information about manor-house and surroundings are dated on the 16th century. The property and the whole village belonged to Nowinczyk – knights’ family and later to Minoscy family.
In 1737 the owner of Minoga – Antoni Felicjan Szembek, Chamberlain in Krakow, founded the brick Church, which has been one of the attraction till now. Minoga and the manor-house were sold by successor of Szembek – Jedrzej from Kozielsk Oginski to Franciszek Xawery Puszet (Foreman in Duninow).
In 1839 Puszet’s son sells Minoga to Franciszek Wezyk, who was the Castellan of Polish Kingdom, politic and writer. Wezyk, who was living in Krakow, treated Minoga as a summer residence.
In 1859 he gave the property to his son – Teofil. Teofil immediately ordered to reconstruct the manor-house into palace in neo-renaissances style. The project’s author was Filip Pokutynski – famous Krakow’s architect. Based on that project palace in “villa medici” style was built. This has been also the final shape of the Palace that you may enjoy today. After Teofil Wezyk died, the new owner of the complex is Zofia Skarbek-Borowska and her husband Skarbek. This family lived in the Palace till 1945, when they must have emigrated because of the war victimization.
As a result the Palace was taken over by the communist government, which starts the beginning of its devastation. It was a base for the worker houses, shop, sports team offices, and school. Between 1990 - 2000 the Palace was totally ruined.